1. Connect with everyone: Identify 20-30 people you admire. Every day, contact one of them and ask for a chat.
Make sure to ask for advice for someone who's new to the field.
2. Start a Results Tracker: On your first day, create a new Google Doc.
Add every single project you work on to this doc.
Every week, update it with:
- The work you did
- What worked / what didn't
- The results this project drove
Your resume will thank you!
Trust me creating a resume is tougher than it sounds.
3. Pitch Projects: You'll have your core set of goals, but don't stop there.
Be proactive about identifying new projects.
Make sure they:
- Benefit the team/company
- Are aligned with the experience you want to build
Managers love proactive interns.